SACRAMENTO – Senator Anthony Cannella (R-Ceres) is pleased to announce the bills he authored in 2016 that will be enacted on January 1, 2017.
- SB 564: Creates a Groundwater Sustainability Agency to address the critical overdraft and management of the Kings Sub-basin
- SB 1098: Will improve utilization for California’s youth dental care program - Denti-Cal
- SB 1112: Ensures that transfers of ownership of small water utility companies are in the best interest of the customers they serve (enacted in September)
- SB 1165: Provides consistency of oversight across the professions overseen by the Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists
- SB 1348: Requires state licensing boards to notify veterans of their service experience and education that count toward licensure requirements
“I take pride in working hard for my district and across the aisle to accomplish legislative goals, and it is gratifying when the fruits of that effort are realized,” said Cannella. “2017 is sure to be an exciting year, and I endeavor to once again serve the communities I represent to the best of my ability.”